Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Niamh's First Day of Dance Class

Niamh's First Day of Dance Class

Niamh went to her first dance class on Monday afternoon, and surprised Pat and I by doing so well. Even though this was all her idea, I was doubtful that she could do it without the tears, pulling on Mama, hiding behind Mama, leaning on Mama, hugging Mama, etc that is normal every time we go somewhere new. Even if I am staying with her! Even if she has done it all before, like with preschool or hanging out with friends. She wouldn't let go of me at the very first, and whined a little, but the teacher suggested that I sit in the studio with her for a few minutes, and that did the trick. She let go of my hand, sat down with the other little girls, and that was it. She even spoke when her teacher asked her questions! She smiled through the whole class, and has declared that all of the girls in it are her friends (though she can't remember their names). We are so proud of her and happy for her!


Mmmmm....Ice Cream
at Dairy Delite after class

4 comments: